Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What states allow the sale of a Structured Settlement?

Filed under: Structured Settlements — Structured Settlements Pro @ 1:53 pm

The first state to pass legislation enabling one to convert future payments to cash was Illinois in 1998. Since then 46 states have passed “transfer statutes” making it not only legal but easy for one to receive a lump sum payment for their settlement.

The four states that do not have legislation allowing for the sale of a settlement are:
● Wisconsin
● North Dakota
● Vermont
● New Hampshire

If you live in one of these four states you still likely can convert your payments into cash. Accommodations can be made to allow for this, contact a structured settlement transfer company for further assistance.

Popularity: 45% [?]